Wednesday 14 March 2007

Parallel lines (Sarah)

I too have a Townsend story!

In my first 7 years of life, I lived on the Eyres Monsell estate in Leicester - next to Sue Townsend! Not only that, but my mum & dad donated her a pair of curtains when she first moved to the estate. I'm sure her daughter was called Vicky and we used to hang around together, with my big sis' Gina.

Gosh Leicester is such a hot-bed of phenomonal talent; Sue Townsend, Mark Morrisson, ShowaddyWaddy....

My dad worked on 'Linekers' fruit and veg stall too. Apparently he got the hump, because Gary was better at calling out 'Come and get your bananas'.

Of course, Sheffield is my adopted home town now - but I'd like to think Matt and I will join the Leicester alumni eventually. Then life will be complete.

Ttfn x

No comments: