Thursday 6 September 2007

Move over Sheena (Sarah)


A close friend of mine said something recently, that I want to share with you:

"Everyone should see Prince in concert at least once in their lives".

I was lucky enough to see the wee-man at the 02 arena last week, and I've gotta say that he completely bowled me over.
I always liked his music - but now i am a FAN.

I'm telling you, it was more a spiritual experience than an evening of entertainment! He made me laugh, he made me cry - he completely inspired me.

How can someone so small effect people on mass like that?? The 02 arena is massive, it's like a futuristic amphi-theatre. We were seated very high up, so standing up to dance was not for the feint-hearted. But I swear, when he played 'You've got the look' I pushed aside the vertigo and boogied my ass off!!!! It would have been physically impossible not to dance - a bit like sneezing with your eyes open.

So if you ever get the opportunity, please see PRN in concert. He's small, he's purple and he'll blow you away.

1 comment:

jsd said...

I've never seen him in concert, but I had the good fortune to be at an awards show last year where he was accepting. He came out with an acoustic guitar and sang a song called "Don't Download Me Baby" (Did I mention this was an awards show for internet nerds?)

The entire room was totally rapt.

He really does have an amazing charisma - it's palpable.