Tuesday 30 October 2007

Sheffield (Sarah)


I was trundling along the other day, lost in thoughts of shopping and work, when I came across this. It's a gigantic poem called 'What if', that has been installed on to the side of Sheffield Hallam University. It's been written by the Poet Laureate Andrew Motion.
I love it, for raising my eyes to the sky and giving me a flash of inspiration in an otherwise dull day. I love what it's saying - that our thoughts and actions impact the environment that we live in - and that we can be whoever we want to be.
But most of all I love the way it sets Sheffield up, as a city of possibilities.
I think it should be compulsory for all ugly buildings to have inspirational art stuck to their sides.
(You never know - you might see some of my lyrics up in lights one day)
This photo sums up why I love Sheffield.

No comments: